October 27, 2011

Seeking Shelter From the Storm

   As any photographer will tell you, nature shots are one of the most difficult to capture. Especially those with insects that are always darting from place to place. As soon as you have your perfect focus , the subject is done with this flower and quickly moves to the next. So when I found this guy I knew I had a chance for a good close up.
  It appeared as if this bee was out collecting pollen and was suddenly caught off guard by a drizzling rain. Having no choice but to wait it out, he tucked himself in and hunkered down under the little daisy. He soon found out that the drizzle was turning to a full on rain.  Slowly but surely he became absolutely drenched as the water leaked through his make shift shelter. I couldn't help but to feel sorry for him as I took this shot, realizing I was photographing his misfortune and misery. It was at that moment I swore an oath to tell every one his story and how he tried his best to seek shelter from the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment