October 26, 2011

Over and Through the Autumn Leaves

   This is my favorite shot of the Autumn colors that I photographed this year. Many people have complimented as well as commented on how much they enjoyed it. This is a road in the Pine Mountain State Park in Pineville, Ky. I was driving down from the top and as I came to this spot in the road I knew this was it. I knew that I had to try to capture what my eyes were seeing.
   The way in which the leaves littered the road as the light shined through the trees and onto the leaves was truly gorgeous. I had been practicing shots with leading lines in the composition (lines that guide the viewers eyes through the frame) and the twisting roadway was a perfect example of this great technique. I was so thrilled that it had turned out exactly as I had planned. Personally this shot is fun to look at, as my eyes are drawn over and through the Autumn leaves.

2 comments:

  1. vineetrx from Flickr - Nice looking blog, clean and simple. Very meaningful to have a short explanation for taking the picture the way you did. I will be revisiting! This particular shot is definitely an excellent example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you enjoy it. Please do revisit. I have many more photographs to post I just have to convince my wife to let me hog the PC long enough to write the descriptions.(She just told me to write them on paper first lol)

    ReplyDelete