October 25, 2011

A Long Journey

   This picture is symbolic of a difficult journey through life. A journey most of us will take in some way or another. It must begin with one step in the direction of the light or destination From the beginning it will be ordinary, dull, and quite repetitive. There will be many splinters and maybe a few injuries from the many ups and downs of this long journey.
   As you take step after step it seems as if you are spinning your wheels and going absolutely nowhere. It's as if at any point in the journey you look around and it's exactly the same as when you first began. You want to give up. However, you just can't because there is something deep down inside that will not let you. Maybe it's hope that helps you along. Perhaps it's faith. Personally, at these moments I feel that it's my human spirit that drives onward. It reassures me that there is a light and peace at the end of my journey.
   Whatever it is, it pushes us to continue on down the line. After all of the wear and tear this journey puts on our mind, body, and soul, we finally victoriously arrive at our destination. Of all the wonderful feelings and emotions that fill our spirits at that moment, none can compare to the life knowledge and experience we will have gained. It is this experience and knowledge that will serve as a reminder that our next long journey will be one that we can overcome, no matter the odds.

 For my dear friend, Nola G. Sizemore

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome photo and story to go with it. It expresses many of the feelings I have encountered this past year since I lost my son. I have wanted to give up so many times, but something keeps pushing me daily to live on and keep his memory alive. Thanks for sharing this Sean!!
    Bena :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, let me say that I dont even know you personally and yet my heart aches for you and yours so very much that it has just brought me to tears. As a parent, I cant imagine the pain and I am so sorry for your unmeasurable loss.
    And second, I am glad you found some strength and wisdom in my photo and in my words. I cant tell you how wonderful that makes me feel. Thank you for sharing and thank you for complimenting me in both my photography and writing, its really nice to hear that all of the work is being enjoyed by you and others. I look forward to sharing more with you in the future and I hope you continue to enjoy my work.

    Sincerely Sean C. Cupp

    ReplyDelete