November 08, 2011

Taking Down Prey Like a Pack of Wolves

   Once in a great while I am fortunate enough to come across a spectacular display of nature in it's purest form.  A moment in time that can not be duplicated or constructed for the convenience of a photographer.  This is shot is an example of this one of a kind moment that as a photographer, you love to capture.  However, if you happen to be caught off guard and unprepared for the shot, the once in a lifetime opportunity will pass by, leaving you very disappointed in the whole situation.
   Actually, I didn't spot this prime example of nature's predator and prey system.  It was spotted by my daughter as we were hiking in Kingdom Come State Park in Cumberland, KY.  I always get hassled by my wife and daughter for taking too many photos while we hike. They say that I take too long and hiking should involve more walking than standing. .  To help solve this dilemma, I tell them to explore and look closely at their surroundings for something that would make a great photography subject and at the same time be very interesting to them. As my daughter was exploring she suddenly yelled with excitement and joy, "Hey dad hurry, come look what I found. You have  got to see this." So I have to give her credit for helping capture this spectacular image.
  

1 comment: