October 26, 2011

Farewell, Until Spring

   I was actually at work when I found this gem. I had my camera with me but I had forgotten my tripod. I took shot after shot and couldn't get a one without it being blurred to some degree. I knew that this was a subject that wouldn't last long, so I just had to keep trying. Finally, after many tries I managed to capture this wonderful display of nature's magic.
   Simple and yet complex, this method of reproduction is just one of nature's many wonders. These seeds were being pulled away by the winds as I continued shooting. Sometimes one at a time and then at other times many would set sail as a hefty gust of wind picked them up and carried them away to their new homes. There, many will take root and become bearers of seeds just like the one that they came from, continuing the cycle of life.
   Some people may not even look twice at something like this. I however, can't help but to be fascinated by these special moments in time. These things happen all around us, all of the time and they're there for us to enjoy , if we would only stop to look. This is another example of why I love photography. It's being there in the moment with nothing else on your mind except what is in front of you and your camera. For me it just doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment